ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject jarsigner 1.5 and Ant zip
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 22:57:37 GMT
Hi,

Our test suite seems to fail quite consistently on jar signing, but only with the jvm 1.5,
Windows or Ubuntu. I have tested locally on my Mac, it fails too.

With verbose turned on, here is what I see:

[au:antunit] Signing JAR: /Users/hibou/dev/ant/svn/core/trunk/build/antunit/tmp/testoutput/signtest.jar
to /Users/hibou/dev/ant/svn/core/trunk/build/antunit/tmp/testoutput/signtest.jar as testonly
[au:antunit] Current OS is Mac OS X
[au:antunit] Using input string
[au:antunit] Executing '/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home/bin/jarsigner'
with arguments:
[au:antunit] '-keystore'
[au:antunit] '/Users/hibou/dev/ant/svn/core/trunk/src/etc/testcases/testkeystore'
[au:antunit] '/Users/hibou/dev/ant/svn/core/trunk/build/antunit/tmp/testoutput/signtest.jar'
[au:antunit] 'testonly'
[au:antunit]
[au:antunit] The ' characters around the executable and arguments are
[au:antunit] not part of the command.
[au:antunit] Got IOException reading file "/Users/hibou/dev/ant/svn/core/trunk/build/antunit/tmp/testoutput/signtest.jar"java.util.zip.ZipException:
central directory zip64 extended information extra field's length doesn't match central directory
data.  Expected length 0 but is 16
[au:antunit] Build sequence for target(s) `tearDown' is [tearDown]

As far I can tell, the jar signing goes well. But them it is the 'issigned' task which fail
to read the jar properly.
I have tested to unzip the jar with several tools, no issue. Just Ant fails.
An expert in zip file compression format should probably have a look into it :)
By the way, here is the jar:
http://people.apache.org/~hibou/signtest.jar

Nicolas