ant-dev mailing list archives

From James Belton <jbel...@salesforce.com>
Subject Better Diagnostics for <java> Failures
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 19:45:37 GMT
It's been a pet peeve of mine that ant gives so little information when a java class that it's
running fails. I hacked my version to print "Java class <classname> Error #", which
makes it much easier to figure out who broke what, especially in the case where someones code
generator silently dies.
Since this change breaks backward compatibility of output, I assume it can't go into ant as
is. How should this new behavior be enabled for it to be accepted by you all? Via a command
line property? Is there a naming convention you can point me to?