ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept EasyAnt as a subproject
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 05:09:04 GMT
Hi

I guess one of the problems we see here is that +1 doesn't just mean
"why not?" but rather "yes!".

I'm one of EasyAnt's mentors and have been watching it for quite some
time now.  TBH it has been veeery silent for a long time.  Apart from
Nicolas and Jean-Louis there is no active committer - and for some
extended stretches there hasn't been any development at all.  Sounds
familiar, doesn't it?

<http://www.ohloh.net/p/easyant/commits/summary>

The Ant community isn't the most active one by itself, a new project
might trigger more activity so I'm leaning towards a positive vote.

I'm not sure the Ant PMC would be doing a good service to EasyAnt (you'd
likely not get three PMC +1s given the feedback on this vote), but this
is EasyAnt's decision.

Stefan