ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Where should the jar files for user defined tasks be placed?
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 04:24:49 GMT
[actually, this is a user-list question, the dev lists discusses
developing Ant itself]

On 2012-07-01, Marcipicus wrote:

> Hi, I've recently developed an ant Task and I'm trying to figure out where
> the jar file is supposed to be placed.

Depends on who is supposed to use it.  If ot is just yourself then
~/.ant/lib is the place to go, otherwise $ANT_HOME/lib is it.  Note that
things may be different if you are using a version of Ant installed from
an operating system package as they come with modified shell scripts.
If you are using such a modified script then you'll have to consult the
documentation of you package as we can't know all scripts that are

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message