ant-dev mailing list archives

From TM <mocktu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where should the jar files for user defined tasks be placed?
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 22:19:13 GMT
Hi Marcipicus,

Debian/Ubuntu packages dump jars into `/usr/share/java/`, symlinked from
`/usr/share/ant/lib/`.  I would use `/usr/local/share/ant/` for your task.

`ln -s /path/to/my.jar /usr/share/ant/lib/my.jar`

This is not ideal (see /usr/share/ant/bin/ant):

  # ...Because the launcher is used, libraries linked in
  # ANT_HOME/lib will also be included, but this is discouraged
  # as it is not java-version safe. A user should request optional
  # jars and their dependencies via the OPT_JAR_LIST variable

Chase `$LOCALCLASSPATH` and `$OPT_JAR_LIST` through there.