ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept EasyAnt as a subproject
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 22:47:57 GMT
explicitly binding my vote:
+1

Nicolas

Le 11 juil. 2012 à 10:48, Nicolas Lalevée a écrit :

> EasyAnt is a project based on Ant and Ivy which is in incubation under our "sponsoring".
>
> I kind of misunderstood the "sponsoring". I was thinking that it was implying that EasyAnt
will become part of the Ant project. It doesn't bylaw. We just cleared it out with the EasyAnt
community. So let's clear it out with this vote for the Ant PMC.
> I also thought that EasyAnt should have a classical incubation period, doing release
and growing a community. But it has no sense since if EasyAnt is accepted as a subproject
of Ant, the Ant PMC will be responsible for EasyAnt code and releases.

> So if we accept EasyAnt, the code will be imported, committers added. But releases should
be voted by us. I'm the only active EasyAnt committer which is also an Ant PMC member. This
means that other Ant PMC member should be involved so that things can roll. We have been managing
that with Ivy and IvyDE, but this is something that should have in mind while voting. Also
note that it would somehow resolve itself it some EasyAnt developer become part of the Ant