ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ed <burch...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Ivy 2.3.0-RC1 released
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 23:34:43 GMT
Context: i'm just a guy who found a bug, thought he'd try and fix it , then submitted it in
the right way (i thought)

It's definitely disappointing to see that the project can go through 9+ months of scoping
2.3.0, have submissions via jira, consider them in no way at all, then collectively vote for
a release. It's a real shame to see such a token process.

selfishly, i'm of course referring to the correctness bug i reported to jira and the list
(with a test case and a patch!) In jun 2011.

I suspect my case is not alone. It's actually quite depressing.

Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com> wrote:

The Ivy project is pleased to announce its 2.3.0-RC1 release.

Ivy is a tool for managing (recording, tracking, resolving and
reporting) project dependencies, characterized by flexibility,
configurability, and tight integration with Apache Ant.

Key features of this 2.3.0-RC1 release are
* improved Ant support with some new Ant tasks and enhancements to existing tasks
* some new resolvers
* numerous bug fixes as documented in Jira and in the release notes

In addition, experimental OSGI support has been added to the Ivy core.

As a release candidate version, we strongly encourage the use of this version for
testing and validation. From now on, features are frozen until final 2.3.0 version,
only bug fixes will be applied before 2.3.0. If no outstanding bugs are reported
with this release candidate, it will promoted to 2.3.0 about three weeks after this
release candidate.

Issues should be reported to:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY

Download the 2.3.0-RC1 release at:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/download.cgi

More information can be found on the Ivy website:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/

Regards,
Maarten Coene