ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Apache Ivy release?
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 23:00:36 GMT
Do you mind waiting a little more few days to do the release ?

I have just got an idea how to improve the OSGi binding in Ivy. The current implementation
is tricking Ivy by replacing some module id (some package requirement) by some other (the
actual bundle fitting for the requirement), and it's not working well. It also use extra attributes
to distinguish a bundle from a package requirement; this is wrong since Ivy will run a conflict
resolution for a bundle and package having the same name. The true identity of the "base element"
in Ivy is just the organization and the module name. This is some deep change in the OSGi
binding that I would like to have it fixed before getting out.

For the little test I have done it works nicely. No all test pass yet locally. I would need
few days to fix it and update the doc.

Nicolas

Le 6 mars 2012 à 23:28, Maarten Coene a écrit :

> Sure, no problem, I won't touch the Eclipse updatesite...
> (unless you beat me and you can migrate it sooner than the next Ivy release)
>
> Maarten

(RC1?) Ivy release somewhere next week.