ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Merging to the 1.8.x branch
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:15:18 GMT
On 03/16/2012 04:48 PM, Bruce Atherton wrote:
> If there are bug fixes that need to go into a future 1.8.4 release we can deal with them
when the time comes.

Agreed, i.e. option 2. Rather than sifting through all commits made into trunk - which besides
Java 5 could include all sorts of code cleanups or other minor stuff -
looking to see what might be applicable to 1.8.x, I think it would make more sense to keep
the 1.8.x branch relatively frozen. If and when we decide to do a 1.8.4
release, we can look through Bugzilla for fixed bugs with TM >= 1.9.0, decide which ones
are good backport candidates (important bug, safe and well-tested fix), and merge
or otherwise backport just the necessary bug fix commits.