ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Java5 move and Jenkins
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 01:44:56 GMT
On 03/08/2012 12:04 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> do we have to do anything special to provide the Jenkins build with a
> ${java.to.tmpdir} that it actually is allowed to write to?

Using ${java.io.tmpdir} from tests is a bit dangerous anyway; the files may rarely or never
get cleaned up, you need to consider possible race conditions between
different jobs running on the same node, etc. Can the tests be made to use a tempdir inside
the ${basedir} somewhere?

By comparison, most NetBeans unit tests use a utility NbTestCase.getWorkDir() [1] which takes
a static root (e.g. ${basedir}/build/test/unit/work/) and appends a suffix
based on the test suite & case names. For tests needing File access this is very convenient.

[1] https://hg.netbeans.org/core-main/raw-file/default/nbjunit/src/org/netbeans/junit/NbTestCase.java