ant-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Atherton <br...@callenish.com>
Subject Re: Merging to the 1.8.x branch
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:48:56 GMT
I agree. Option 2 is the better choice.

Changesets on trunk can be Java5 specific. It would be problematic to
have to also include tested Java 1.4 versions on a 1.8 branch that may
never see the light of day. If there are bug fixes that need to go into
a future 1.8.4 release we can deal with them when the time comes. And
anyone who wants to do the extra work up front can do as you did,
updating that wiki page with the changeset that should be included (or
possibly including a 1.8.x patch in bugzilla if it is very different
from the change in trunk).