ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: NIO 2.0 == Ant 2.0? was Re: Java NIO support
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:02:11 GMT
Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alakeel@gmail.com> wrote on 02/13/2012 01:57:56
PM:

> From: Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alakeel@gmail.com>
> To: Ant Developers List <dev@ant.apache.org>
> Cc: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
> Date: 02/13/2012 01:58 PM
> Subject: Re: NIO 2.0 == Ant 2.0? was Re: Java NIO support
>
> Bruce,
> In fact I was thinking about the same thing. The idea of forking Ant and
> rewrite parts of it to use Java 7 NIO, and introduce java plugin frame
> work  http://jpf.sourceforge.net/ crossed my mind few times.

Why JPF instead of OSGi or whatever extensibility mechanism is working
it's way through the JCP for Java 8? IMO the idea of basing an Ant
re-write on some dubiously supported clone of Eclipse's plugin mechanism
from 8 years ago isn't very appealing.

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com
IBM WebSphere Application Server