ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Possible bug in ResourceUtils and/or FileResource?
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 01:01:50 GMT
Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@gmail.com> wrote on 02/09/2012 07:24:31 PM:

> Hi, Jeff.  It does look like it would be nice for FileResource's (File)
> constructors to set basedir.  I'm looking into this.

Actually I may have spoken too soon when I said that just setting basedir
was a good fix. It was for one of my test scenarios but it wasn't enough
for a more complicated scenario. I still think something's not quite
right, though I think that the problem might extend into Copy as well - I
can't say for sure as I don't fully understand all of the logic within
Copy at the moment (it's much more complicated than I thought it would
be).

My solution that works in all test scenarios has been to change the
inheritance tree on my custom resources, so it no longer extends
oata.types.resources.FileResource. Unfortunately that wasn't enough
either, so I had to drop implementing FileProvider. Once I drop
FileProvider everything works. That kind of sucks as really this resource
really should be an extension of FileResource, but the customization I
need is around the resource name and the way that FileResource handles
that just doesn't seem to work properly. I've had to resort to extending
Resource and re-implementing most of the same methods that FileResource
re-implements, and in the same way :-(

If I get the opportunity I'll try to put together a more formal test that
demonstrates the problem and open a bug.

Regards,
JEC