ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding exec task
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:46:51 GMT
On 2012-02-12, Vimil Saju wrote:

> So I thought of somehow extending the 'Execute' class of ant to use
> the functionality of this 3rd party library, but I find that its
> difficult if not impossible to extend this class.

It has certainly not been designed for this, no.

> Is it possible to make the Execute class in ant extensible so that it
> becomes possible to plugin our own implementation of Process class.

If you had a way to provide your own CommandLauncher then you could wrap
Execute's default choice with your own implementation and return a
Process class of your liking.  This is not possible today, but I'm
testing whether this would be enough for you.

Stefan