ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mandatory svnpubsub migration by Jan 2013
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:52:16 GMT
On 2012-02-20, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> We already did the migration of our sites to svnpubsub. We still need
> to migrate our dist folder.

> AFAIU it is quite trivial. Instead of putting files manually into
> people.a.o:/www/www.apache.org/dist/ant/ we would have to commit them
> into a svn [1]. Deleting files from our main dist is just about doing
> some svn rm. And the ASF archive doesn't apply the svn rm so
> everything committed once gets into the archive.

That's my understanding as well.

> And if we are willing to, we have at our disposal de "dev" space where
> release to be voted upon can be "staged" [2]. And once the vote pass,
> just a "svn cp dev/xxx release/xxx && svn rm dev/xxx" does the
> actually publishing (it seems there are restrictions on svn mv).

I know I'd be using that rather than my user space on people.ao

> A thing to note though: I guess that with svnpubsub, we cannot have
> symlinks

The "-current" symlinks are frownded upon by now anyway.  They seem to
mess up mirrors.  We could easily live without them IMHO.

> We then just need to create an INFRA ticket asking for the
> transition. I guess we want the svn notifications sent to
> notifications@ant.apache.org. Once the infra has created our space, we
> would just need to check in the current content of our dist.

Currently KEYS is a (sym)link to a checked out copy from somewhere else.
Once we have svnpubsub in place I'd suggest we make the dist repository
the canonical place for storing PGP keys.

> A side effect will probably that ivy/updatesite/trunk/dist will
> disappeared from our svn. Maybe it would help in the management of the
> new Eclipse update site [3] [4].

Is this something that has to be resolved before the transition?  If so,
don't rush it - we still have a few months until the migration must be
complete.

> I willing to ask for the migration this week unless there's some
> concern.

No concerns except for the Eclipse update site that I don't understand
anyway ;-)

Stefan