ant-dev mailing list archives

From Vimil Saju <vimils...@yahoo.com>
Subject Regarding exec task
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:29:05 GMT

Hi,

I noticed that on windows, if I use the exec task to run a batch script which in turn starts
other processes then if kill ant then the sub-processes created by the batch script still
continues to run. I did some research on google and found that the default java implementation
of Process.destroy does not kill the child processes created by a process on windows. I also
found that there are some third party libraries like jvnet that provide the capability of
killing all processes created by a process on windows.

So I thought of somehow extending the 'Execute' class of ant to use the functionality of this
3rd party library, but I find that its difficult if not impossible to extend this class. I
can't find a way to provide my implementation of Process class that does something different
when its destroy method is called. Other core tasks such as java task directly create an instance
of the 'Execute' class which makes it difficult to globally change how a forked process is
destroyed within ant.

Is it possible to make the Execute class in ant extensible so that it becomes possible to
plugin our own implementation of Process class.

Thanks

Vimil