ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Mandatory svnpubsub migration by Jan 2013
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:35:25 GMT
We already did the migration of our sites to svnpubsub. We still need to migrate our dist folder.

AFAIU it is quite trivial. Instead of putting files manually into people.a.o:/www/www.apache.org/dist/ant/
we would have to commit them into a svn [1]. Deleting files from our main dist is just about
doing some svn rm. And the ASF archive doesn't apply the svn rm so everything committed once
gets into the archive.

As it would be managed by svnpubsub, changes will be reflected quite immediately to www.apache.org,
as it does for our website. It won't change the mirroring delay though.

And if we are willing to, we have at our disposal de "dev" space where release to be voted
upon can be "staged" [2]. And once the vote pass, just a "svn cp dev/xxx release/xxx &&
svn rm dev/xxx" does the actually publishing (it seems there are restrictions on svn mv).

A thing to note though: I guess that with svnpubsub, we cannot have symlinks (I have not ask
the infra, not find any mention of them in the sparse doc). We have some in people.a.o:/www/www.apache.org/dist/ant/.
On the other hand they doesn't appear on the site http://www.apache.org/dist/ant/. I guess
it's OK.

We then just need to create an INFRA ticket asking for the transition. I guess we want the
svn notifications sent to notifications@ant.apache.org. Once the infra has created our space,
we would just need to check in the current content of our dist.

A side effect will probably that ivy/updatesite/trunk/dist will disappeared from our svn.
Maybe it would help in the management of the new Eclipse update site [3] [4].

I willing to ask for the migration this week unless there's some concern.

Nicolas

[1] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/updatesite/branches/p2repo-only/