ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: 1.8.3?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 18:20:43 GMT
On 01/26/2012 12:19 PM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> One thing I want to do is giving a recent OpenJDK8 snapshot a try so Ant
> 1.8.3's javac would support building for 1.8/8 when that gets released.

I would not bother with that at this point. JDK 8 is expected to include a module system,
which is likely to have a huge impact on how javac is invoked.

Earlier builds will likely include support for lambdas; I doubt Ant needs to do anything in
particular except support source="1.8".

> There are more bugs we could address but then again if anybody wants to
> work on them nobody will stop us from doing more frequent releases.

Agreed, it is better to release what exists now. Thank you for taking initiative on this.