ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: want to extend JUnitTestRunner to allow specification of JUnit Filters
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 15:51:16 GMT
Hi Noel,

On 2012-01-05, Noel Yap wrote:

> I'd like to extend JUnitTestRunner to allow specification of JUnit Filters.
> This would allow, for example, tests to be filtered by Category.

I'm not familiar enough with JUnit's externals anymore to know what
you'd need to do in order to make this work from this side.  Once you
look into the Ant side you'll realize Ant's junit task is really based
on JUnit 3.x features and nomenclature (it still doesn't know what
ignored tests are) so hacking in the feature may prove to be cumbersome.

It may be easier to wrap what you need into some sort of Suite that is
the seen by Ant rather than trying to bend Ant's test runner.

Stefan