ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tom McGlynn <tmcgl...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: Seeking feedback on new Ivy plugin - latest status in version range
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 22:01:42 GMT
Hi Neil,

I like your suggestion very much.  Our developer is well into the original
proposal but I hope to do what you suggest as a follow-up.  As I'm sure you
can see, my approach was to extend what is already in Ivy: latest.status
becomes range.status, i.e. [1.0,2.0].milestone.  I agree that your approach
seems cleaner and more modular.  I think I will be able to get it
implemented.  I will certainly keep the list posted on progress.

Thanks for your feedback!

---------

Hi Tom,
 This is something I've also thought about, and is somewhere down on my
to-do list. One thing I'd like you to consider is breaking this out of the
"rev" attribute, as I think this would simplify things in the long run and
possibly in the short run too.
E.g.
<dependency org="foo" module="bar" rev="latest" status="milestone">

Benefits:
- Works with any existing or future revision plugin
- Plug-in code would be simpler
- Cleaner for future addition of features e.g. status="milestone+" or
status="milestone,release"

Cons:
- Probably would take more effort to add, though possibly not that much

Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Neil