ant-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Georgeson <JGeorge...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: difference between unzip task and unzip executable
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 19:45:37 GMT
I started asking this on the user list, but no response, and it seems deeper than just incorrect
usage. Apologies if that's what it turns out to be.

I've broken it down into a very basic build.xml and single source code file. The build.xml
has a single target to unzip, and run javadoc. I've attached a bz2 archive of the build.xml,
the source file, and a -debug log of using the unzip task and relying on the src.zip having
been expanded with the native OS unzip command before running. The single source code file
implements the javax.naming.Context interface. When run as-is (build-internal-unzip.log) the
javadocs do not inherit from javax.naming.Context. If you comment out lines 6 and 7 from build.xml
and run 'unzip -d jdk ${JAVA_HOME}/src.zip' and then build (build-external-unzip.log) the
javadocs do inherit from javax.naming.Context. I've tried using 'jar xvf ${JAVA_HOME}/src.zip'
and that has the same result as using the <unzip> task. The javax/naming/Context.java
file is the same (compared MD5 checksums) no matter how I uncompress src.zip.

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Georgeson
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 2:21 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: RE: difference between unzip task and unzip executable

Just to eliminate any possibility of file handle closure, disk I/O flushing, etc. I put the
<unzip> in a separate target that only does the unzip, ran that target by itself, and
then ran ant a second time for the javadoc target and it still fails. I don't understand what
the problem can be when everything says the contents of the files are identical. Even if I
use the <unzip> task to put the contents of src.zip in the 'src' folder that my source
code is in, there's no javadoc inheritance.