ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tom McGlynn <tmcgl...@ieee.org>
Subject Seeking feedback on new Ivy plugin - latest status in version range
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:57:37 GMT
Please comment on a proposed version plugin for Ivy.

The release engineering team at Autonomy Southborough is interested in the
ability to retrieve an Ivy module at a particular status within a range of
versions.  Here are some examples of revision values using Ivy default
statuses:

[1.0,2.0].milestone - matches the latest version greater or equal to 1.0
and lower or equal to 2.0 with status milestone
1.0.+.release - matches the latest sub revision 1.0.+ with status release
2.0.+ - matches the latest sub revision 2.0.+ with status integration

The plugin would combine the capabilities and behaviors of existing version
matchers "Sub Revision", "Latest (Status)", and "Version Range".  The name
of the plugin would be LatestVersionRangeMatcher.

Our team would like to contribute patches for code, test, and
documentation, in hopes that it will be included in an Ivy release.  We
believe that no plugin like this exists, and we have seen a few inquiries
by others for something like this.

Any comments on the plugin, whether one already exists, or alternatives
would be very much appreciated.