ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Release of IvyDE 2.2 beta ?
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:18:22 GMT
It's been a looooong time since we released IvyDE. Since we need to update the Eclipse update
site, I would like to push a new release of IvyDE with it, so I can test live the release
process together with the publication on the new p2 repository.

I would like to flag it as beta, since its been a long time we released it, lot's of stuff
have been implemented [1] and there was some refactoring in there, namely IVYDE-56 [2] and
IVYDE-177 [3]. Whereas I has always nicely for my usecase, it may be not for everybody. I
hope we'll have a 2.2 final not a year ahead but only of few month. :)

Before doing the actual release, the documentation needs to be updated, the screenshots need
to looks like how the UI is in trunk. With that I'll also fix the branding issue in the short
description where Apache IvyDE needs to be a adjective and not an noun [4]. So instead of:
Apache IvyDE is the Eclipse plugin which integrates Apache Ivy's dependency management into
Eclipse.
We'll have:
The Apache IvyDE Eclipse plugin integrates Apache Ivy's dependency management into Eclipse.

Do you agree ?

Nicolas

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310640&version=12315245
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-56