ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: junit4 test runners
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2011 13:04:28 GMT
On 06/09/2011 11:58 AM, Steve Loughran wrote:
> I'm doing something non-ant related, but I'm wondering if anyone has
> seen this problem here, as it's the closest to what I'm trying to do
>
> 1. I have some code that is a test runner for Junit3.8.x classes, it works.
> 2. I am trying to flip the ivy version to junit 4.8.2 something.
> 3. I rerun my test runner tests
> 4. I get sealing violations on dependent JARs from my own upstream projects
>
> Neither my JARs or JUnit4 is sealed, yet as soon as say "JUnit 4",
> things stop working.
>
> Anyone else seen something like this? Or am I deep in a classloader hell
> of my own making?

-turns out one file in a package was sealed. What's interesting is that
this triggered a problem only in junit4 builds, which makes me thing
that the classloading was different. Perhaps a sealing violation only
triggers if the first class is loaded from a sealed JAR, and rest from
unsealed ones.

Odd though -reverting to junit3 did fix it, even though ivy set the
build up both times.