ant-dev mailing list archives

From Mohsen Vakilian <>
Subject Interested in helping a research study on Eclipse?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 05:29:42 GMT

I'm Mohsen, a PhD student working with Prof. Ralph Johnson at the University of
Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). Together with my team mates [1], we are doing
a research study to better understand how developers interact with the Eclipse IDE
for evolving and maintaining their code. We are extending this invitation to expert
open source developers like you and would greatly appreciate and value your
participation and help in our research study.

To participate you should be at least 18 years old and use the Eclipse IDE for Java
development. As a participant, we ask that you complete a short survey and install
our Eclipse plug-in called CodingSpectator [2].

CodingSpectator monitors programming interactions non-intrusively in the background
and periodically uploads it to a secure server at UIUC. To get a representative
perspective of how you interact with Eclipse, we would appreciate if you could install
CodingSpectator for two months. Rest assured that we are taking the utmost
measures to protect your privacy and confidentiality.

If you are interested, you may sign up at
<>, which contains our consent
form with all the details and procedures of our research study.

Your participation will help us greatly as we try to better understand how developers
interact with their IDE's so we can propose improvements which fit better with their

Thanks in advance for your time! Please do not hesitate to contact me
( if you have any questions or comments. More information can
also be found at our FAQ [3]. Feel free to forward this invitation to anyone who might
be interested in participating in this study.

Mohsen Vakilian
& the CodingSpectator team

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: