ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Sources of the ant jars into the maven repository
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:36:31 GMT
On 04/12/2011 02:06 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
> Is there any objection regarding the publication of such jars ?

Please do so. In fact I am surprised that earlier releases were accepted into the Central
repository without sources and Javadoc attached.

Note that you ought to be able to just run:

   mvn -f src/etc/poms/pom.xml -Prelease-profile -DskipTests install

but it seems to be broken. I tried to clean up src/etc/poms/ a while back. The main source
of complexity is that there is a single source tree from which 22 JARs are
built, and the division of sources into these JARs is not at all obvious. I proposed refactoring
the tree into one source root per output JAR, each with its own classpath
and dependencies, but there was no consensus among Ant committers to do so (thread: "Ant source
tree reorganization").