ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Sources of the ant jars into the maven repository
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:06:29 GMT
Hi guys,

The more I used automatic dependency management and working with open source project, the
more I expect to quickly have a development environment in which I can debug. So I often expect
to have the sources attached to the jar I have automatically download. But for the ant jars,
there are no source attached.

Currently the release of ant doesn't publish any source in the maven repository via nexus.
So I would like to change the build so that each ant jar has its corresponding source jar.
And I think I'll also make an ant-1.8.3-javadocs.jar too. Theses jars would be only published
to the maven repository, they won't be part of the distribution tgz.

Is there any objection regarding the publication of such jars ?

Nicolas