ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sources of the ant jars into the maven repository
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 18:45:45 GMT
2011/4/12 Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>:
> The more I used automatic dependency management and working with open source project,
the more I expect to quickly have a development environment in which I can debug. So I often
expect to have the sources attached to the jar I have automatically download. But for the
ant jars, there are no source attached.

[DD] Agreed. I did something similar in a now defunct ad-hoc Ivy
look-alike, and it also guarantees access to the exact sources used to
produce the jar(s) without having to hunt for them in the SCM using a
tag or rev.

> Currently the release of ant doesn't publish any source in the maven repository via nexus.
So I would like to change the build so that each ant jar has its corresponding source jar.
And I think I'll also make an ant-1.8.3-javadocs.jar too. Theses jars would be only published
to the maven repository, they won't be part of the distribution tgz.

[DD] +1.

> Is there any objection regarding the publication of such jars ?

[DD] Sounds reasonable to me. --DD