ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Log Flushing
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:26:45 GMT

Le 21 avr. 2011 à 18:48, Antoine Levy-Lambert a écrit :

> I have dived in and committed the code attached to 50507, and also made
> flush a no op in LineOrientedOutputStream. See my commits [1] and [2].
> Something does not feel 100% right though. In the second commit I have
> tweaked unit tests to deal with some consequences of having made flush a
> no op.
>
> see this [3]
>
> Then the streams really get flushed when they are closed when no carriage return is in
the data.

> So if you send "foo", ant was able to redirect "foo" without ending carriage return.
>
> In the new version the output of copying "foo" is "foo\n".
>
> Is there a way to avoid that change of behavior ?

I guess this is showing another bug in the streams setup. Since the only change you did was
about the case where streams get funneled, I am surprised that the streams are funneled when
the output is redirected to a property. It would mean that we could catch the bytes from the
error stream in the output property. So maybe the condition on the line 720 of Redirector
is incorrect. I'm sure though what should be there instead.

Nicolas