ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Sources of the ant jars into the maven repository
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:17:19 GMT
This sounds good to me too.
Antoine

On 4/12/2011 2:45 PM, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> 2011/4/12 Nicolas Lalevée<nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>:
>> The more I used automatic dependency management and working with open source project,
the more I expect to quickly have a development environment in which I can debug. So I often
expect to have the sources attached to the jar I have automatically download. But for the
ant jars, there are no source attached.
> [DD] Agreed. I did something similar in a now defunct ad-hoc Ivy
> look-alike, and it also guarantees access to the exact sources used to
> produce the jar(s) without having to hunt for them in the SCM using a
> tag or rev.
>
>> Currently the release of ant doesn't publish any source in the maven repository via
nexus. So I would like to change the build so that each ant jar has its corresponding source
jar. And I think I'll also make an ant-1.8.3-javadocs.jar too. Theses jars would be only published
to the maven repository, they won't be part of the distribution tgz.