ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Log Flushing
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 22:19:36 GMT

Le 21 avr. 2011 à 23:26, Nicolas Lalevée a écrit :

> Le 21 avr. 2011 à 18:48, Antoine Levy-Lambert a écrit :
>
>> I have dived in and committed the code attached to 50507, and also made
>> flush a no op in LineOrientedOutputStream. See my commits [1] and [2].
>> Something does not feel 100% right though. In the second commit I have
>> tweaked unit tests to deal with some consequences of having made flush a
>> no op.
>>
>> see this [3]
>>
>> Then the streams really get flushed when they are closed when no carriage return
is in the data.

>> So if you send "foo", ant was able to redirect "foo" without ending carriage return.
>>
>> In the new version the output of copying "foo" is "foo\n".
>>
>> Is there a way to avoid that change of behavior ?
>
> I guess this is showing another bug in the streams setup. Since the only change you did
was about the case where streams get funneled, I am surprised that the streams are funneled
when the output is redirected to a property. It would mean that we could catch the bytes from
the error stream in the output property. So maybe the condition on the line 720 of Redirector
is incorrect. I'm sure though what should be there instead.

I've looked deeper into this and I have found a solution. See r1097261 [1]. I somehow followed
the documentation about the attribute "logError" on the java task [2] which says: "If you
redirect error with the "error" or "errorProperty" attributes, this will have no effect.";
I understand this as if there is a redirect of the error streams, they should not be mixed
up. Which makes sense to me.

Nicolas

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1097261
[2] http://ant.apache.org/manual/Tasks/java.html