ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1075566 - in /ant/ivy/core/trunk: ./ doc/use/ src/java/org/apache/ivy/ant/ src/java/org/apache/ivy/core/retrieve/
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 04:06:37 GMT
On 3/1/11 7:45 PM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
> This feature looks great, but I'm starting now (it took me some time yeah :)) to have
some doubt on the implementation. I'll just raise them to get some other point of view.

> Since retrieve is a post resolve task, it can accept nested <dependency> declaration.
Then addin the possibility to have a nested mapper, won't be any conflict. What happen if
a mapper get called "dependency" ? Ant would be confused right ?
Not sure about the answer to that, but I am not so worried. This could
be documented.
> And it seems than the Ant API is leaking into Ivy core here. RetrieveOption is depending
on FileNameMapper which is then depending on Mapper from Ant. Shouldn't we try to get Ivy
loadable without Ant ?
I do not know whether there are lots of uses of ivy without ant. Any
way, this is just one jar, no ? And mappers are a powerful concept.

> Nicolas
>
> Le 28 févr. 2011 à 23:27, maartenc@apache.org a écrit :

Regards,

Antoine