ant-dev mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1075566 - in /ant/ivy/core/trunk: ./ doc/use/ src/java/org/apache/ivy/ant/ src/java/org/apache/ivy/core/retrieve/
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 08:05:48 GMT
> This feature looks great, but I'm starting now (it took me some time  yeah :))
>to have some doubt on the implementation. I'll just raise them  to get some
>other point of view.

Good to see someone is actually watching my commits :-)

> And it seems than the Ant API is leaking into Ivy core here. RetrieveOption is
>depending on FileNameMapper which is then depending on Mapper from Ant.
>Shouldn't we try to get Ivy loadable without Ant ?

The FileNameMapper where the RetrieveOptions is depending on is not the
FileNameMapper from Ant, but an interface in the org.apache.ivy.core.retrieve
package. Maybe not the best choice of giving it the same name as the
FileNameMapper from Ant, but I couldn't think of a better one at that time.
Anyway, apart from the naming clash, Ivy core is still independent from the Ant
API.

Maarten