ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <>
Subject Re: Website and svnpubsub
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:41:08 GMT

Le 1 mars 2011 à 16:33, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> On 2011-03-01, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
>> I don't know much about Anakia, but would it handle correctly renamed
>> paged ? Would it correctly delete the html files corresponding to the
>> removed xdoc pages ?
> We don't remove or rename pages ;-) The whole internet would collapse if
> people suddenly started to remove pages that other people link to, you
> know?

I forgot about that, thanks for the reminder !

>> And would it handle correctly that if you change only the template, it
>> has too regenerate the entire site ?
> Sometimes it does, but not always.  I can't remember which way around it
> is.  Either it regenerates everything if you change priject.xml but
> doesn't do so if you change the .vm files or the other way around.

So if it works enough correctly, we could setup a buildbot. I suggest we'll look into it after
the layout change and the setup of svnpubsub (if there's still no objection).

>> About ant's doc, maybe we do like Ivy. Ivy does embed its doc into the
>> distribution while also exposing it on the website. In svn, the Ivy
>> docs (the source, not the generated html files) are maintained here:
>> And in the
>> source of Ivy's site, there is a svn:external in
> That would work.  We'd even only need the externals in the tags/branches
> for releases.
>> And I just found that :
>> What its status, its history ?
> Its history[1] is an attempt to pull together the Anakia generated pages
> from trunk and the manual from the latest release while providing all
> the stuff needed to run Anakia.  This was created around the time we
> released the first Antlibs as I envisioned they'd create bigger websites
> themselves (i.e. more than one page) - this never happened.
> For reasons I can't remember I ran out of steam before finishing the
> idea.  Antoine used to update this part from time to time but in reality
> it turned out to be easier to just keep everything in trunk and forget
> about the separation.

ok. Hopefully this time we'll get it working.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message