ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release of ant 1.8.2
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:47:11 GMT
On 12/20/2010 12:32 AM, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> However I was not able to reproduce the problem that you mentioned.
> Is it possible that you did not put junit-4 on the classpath when running the junit 4
style test suite ?

No, the property was defined to point to a copy of JUnit 4.8.1. Anyway I can confirm that
my test case works in the 1.8.2 final release (and not with the initial candidate).

> Or else the antunit testscase which I added does not reproduce the failure case.

Well, editing the control method to be clearly bogus

   public void ok() {throw new RuntimeException("XXX just testing");}

does not cause a failure either, so the testcase is obviously broken. Even making the test
class uncompilable does not cause a failure! I am working on fixing the test
case; the test was being skipped.

Also note that running 'ant test -Dtestcase=...' tests the version of Ant in $PATH, not that
from the source tree! I fixed this for JUnit tests but I guess it is still
broken for AntUnit tests.