ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Preserving file permissions in copy and zip tasks [patch]
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 01:46:18 GMT
Haven't reviewed the code here but if it's not there already I would
suggest having some sort of abstraction layer for this function instead of
tying Ant directly to this jna-posix library. Last time I checked Java 7
is *supposed* to provide access to "bulk file attributes" (such as
permissions) under JSR 203; there may be other libraries that can
implement these functions too.

(http://openjdk.java.net/projects/nio/)

Jeffrey E. (Jeff) Care
carej@us.ibm.com