ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release of ant 1.8.2
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 17:32:01 GMT
On 1/4/2011 11:47 AM, Jesse Glick wrote:
> On 12/20/2010 12:32 AM, Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
>> However I was not able to reproduce the problem that you mentioned.
>> Is it possible that you did not put junit-4 on the classpath when
>> running the junit 4 style test suite ?
>
> No, the property was defined to point to a copy of JUnit 4.8.1. Anyway
> I can confirm that my test case works in the 1.8.2 final release (and
> not with the initial candidate).
>
>> Or else the antunit testscase which I added does not reproduce the
>> failure case.
>
> Well, editing the control method to be clearly bogus
>
>   public void ok() {throw new RuntimeException("XXX just testing");}
>
> does not cause a failure either, so the testcase is obviously broken.
> Even making the test class uncompilable does not cause a failure! I am
> working on fixing the test case; the test was being skipped.
Thanks. I see your diffs here [1]
I am not good at writing unit tests. Plus I am concerned about how they
fare when they run in gump ...

> Also note that running 'ant test -Dtestcase=...' tests the version of
> Ant in $PATH, not that from the source tree! I fixed this for JUnit
> tests but I guess it is still broken for AntUnit tests.

Thanks this is useful. Can you point me to the changes you did to make
ant test the version of the source tree ? For antunit tests yes, this is
certainly broken as you say, you are testing the version of ant in the
PATH or the one pointed to by ANT_HOME.

Regards,

Antoine

[1]