ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <jesse.gl...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Credentials With Turkish Locale
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:56:04 GMT
On 12/02/2010 12:47 PM, Faruk Can Kaya wrote:
> It is possible due to a String.toLowerCase function. I have seen something like "bas?ic".

I guess you mean "basıc", from "BASIC".toLowerCase(). This bug plagues Java software generally.
(*) All uses of toLowerCase and toUpperCase in Ant have long since been
fixed to pass Locale.ENGLISH but perhaps this fix has not been made in Ivy.

(*) I have lobbied without success to get no-arg String.toUpper/LowerCase() to be formally
@Deprecated in the Java platform so developers would take notice and fix their
code. (On the rare occasions when you actually want a locale-sensitive case conversion, passing
Locale.getDefault() makes your intent explicit.) I guess I can try again.