ant-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Jackson <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get involved with the project
Date Sun, 26 Dec 2010 00:25:48 GMT
Hi,

> Hello to all the Ant Developers. Merry Christmas to everyone!

Merry Christmas to you too.

> I would like to know, who should i ask if i want to get involved with the project (e.g.
Find/Fix bugs etc.)? Should i search for a mentor, or should i just try to fix bugs from the
list by myself?

The process is different for everyone.  Some people have a single bug
that they desperately want/need to fix a single bug.  Some people just
explore the current codebase and see something that they can improve.

I started by fixing bugs in bugzilla and submitting bugfix + junit
test as patches.  One thing I didn't do though was to check if anyone
else was working on a bug before starting - this can save you from
wasting time.  Most bugs which are not assigned won't have anyone
looking at them actively, so they're basically waiting for someone
with free time to get started :)

Feel free to ask questions either on list or send me a private email.
I'd be happy to answer queries to help you get started.

Kev