ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svnpubsub for the Ant and Ivy sites
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 05:24:21 GMT
On 2010-12-13, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:

> So I suggest that we say to the infra team that our sites are there:
> * https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk/docs/
> * https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/site/target/
> and in our workflow we skip the last part of going on people.a.o and svn up.

Sometimes you want to delay publishing - like Antoine just sees WRT the
release announcement.  We update the docs so they become part of the
distribution tarballs but don't publish them, yet.

So the best way is likely to have a branch of the docs directory and
replace "svn up on people" with "svn merge" when we want to publish
anything.  We may consider using the same tree for Ant and Ivy so
changes to Ivy's site would be merges as well and svnpubsub would only
track a single directory.

At some point in time Ant's manual on the website has been the one of
the latest release and not the one of trunk - but this hasn't been the
case at least since Ant 1.8.1 and nobody complained 8-)

Stefan