ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: svnpubsub for the Ant and Ivy sites
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:23:23 GMT

Le 14 déc. 2010 à 06:24, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> On 2010-12-13, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
>
>> So I suggest that we say to the infra team that our sites are there:
>> * https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/core/trunk/docs/
>> * https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/site/target/
>> and in our workflow we skip the last part of going on people.a.o and svn up.
>
> Sometimes you want to delay publishing - like Antoine just sees WRT the
> release announcement.  We update the docs so they become part of the
> distribution tarballs but don't publish them, yet.
>
> So the best way is likely to have a branch of the docs directory and
> replace "svn up on people" with "svn merge" when we want to publish
> anything.  We may consider using the same tree for Ant and Ivy so
> changes to Ivy's site would be merges as well and svnpubsub would only
> track a single directory.

This make me think that the Apache CMS has some notion of "staging site". I wonder how they
manage it.

Also, while rereading its docs, I have found that the websites are "build" with builtbot.
Maybe we can use it too rather doing this build and commit by ourself. It would be cool if
we can avoid the "mail spaming" when we just do a generation of the files to be deployed.

I'll dig further this topic, maybe asking hints to the infra people.

Nicolas