ant-dev mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release of ant 1.8.2
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:01:42 GMT

After a little more testing, one thing I did notice was an
apparent stricter treatment of property expansion.
With 1.8.1, having an arg to a forked java task like this:

<arg value="-DskipFetch=${skipFetch}"/>

was happily ignored if skipFetch wasn't defined.
With 1.8.2, we now get a failed build with reason:

Property skipFetch was circularly defined.

The fix was to add a default property defn but it seems
like such a behavior change in a minor update release
should warrant an entry in the WHATSNEW at least?

Cheers, Paul.