ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1032922 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/BindTargets.java
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 16:48:12 GMT

Le 9 nov. 2010 à 17:39, Dominique Devienne a écrit :

> On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The reason I'm a little reluctant on <bindtargets> is that it's a task
>> that affects the dependency graph of targets, but bypassing the normal
>> means to do that, via <target>. Since it's a task, it can be run at
>> any time, conditionally or not, inside a target or not, and especially
>> after the dependency graph was computed, when it does/can change the
>> dependency graph. Maybe that's OK, but it just make me a little
>> uncomfortable and I'm not sure we see all the possible ramifications.
>
> From the doc you just checked in, I now read:
>
> +<p>The bindtargets task may only be used as a top-level task. This means that
> +it may not be used in a target.</p>
>
> So maybe I was wrong. I didn't see the code enforcing that though?
> What prevents this task from being inside a target?

I have to admit I have blindly trusted the existing code in ImportTask.java. In the execute
there is:
        if (getOwningTarget() == null
            || !"".equals(getOwningTarget().getName())) {
            throw new BuildException("import only allowed as a top-level task");
        }

> PS: Checking the doc with the code might have avoided some confusion ;)

I know I am quite slow, probably doing to much multitasking. Further more when I am dumb enough
to forgot to commit them... :p

Nicolas, learning to be an actual ant committer