ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1032922 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/BindTargets.java
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 16:39:30 GMT
On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne@gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason I'm a little reluctant on <bindtargets> is that it's a task
> that affects the dependency graph of targets, but bypassing the normal
> means to do that, via <target>. Since it's a task, it can be run at
> any time, conditionally or not, inside a target or not, and especially
> after the dependency graph was computed, when it does/can change the
> dependency graph. Maybe that's OK, but it just make me a little
> uncomfortable and I'm not sure we see all the possible ramifications.

>From the doc you just checked in, I now read:

+<p>The bindtargets task may only be used as a top-level task. This means that
+it may not be used in a target.</p>

So maybe I was wrong. I didn't see the code enforcing that though?
What prevents this task from being inside a target? --DD

PS: Checking the doc with the code might have avoided some confusion ;)