ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ivy site
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2010 10:09:05 GMT
On 2010-11-18, Maarten Coene wrote:

> within a few hours, an updated Ivy site should be online where the
> general part should fulfill most of the requirements listed here:
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs

Thank you Maarten, this looks good.

> I didn't update the documentation belonging to the Ivy releases
> though, which means that a lot of pages won't follow these
> requirements. I can regenerate all this historical content as well to
> make sure the updated headers/footers/logo's are shown. However, this
> won't change any content on these pages, so they will still use 'Ivy'
> instead of 'Apache Ivy' for instance.

Personally I'd only bother with the latest release - and ensure future
releases will be fine, of course.  I don't think you need to change all
historical docs in particular since some of the docs predate Ivy's
move to the ASF.

> A concrete example:
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/index.html

> This index.html has been generated from the tagged index.html in SVN:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/ivy/core/tags/2.2.0/doc/index.html

Would it be possible to create a branch from this tag and use the branch
for the site?

Stefan