ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject Re: Submitting EasyAnt project to Apache Software Foundation
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 16:29:16 GMT

I have just taken a look at the documentation of easyant. Do I
understand well that this project is similar in scope to gradle ? The
scope being to deliver a build system using ant and ivy with a set of
conventions allowing most likely to setup builds very fast if one is
happy with the default conventions.

I have never used easyant nor gradle but from what I can read on both
web sites I would prefer a priori gradle. The fact that gradle scripts
are written in groovy and so have a natural support for all usual
language constructs such as if statements and loops is useful,
especially when one uses ant to do deployments or other automation tasks.

That being said I am not going to veto easyant joining the ASF and
becoming part of the ant family of projects. I see that we will get that
way more committers for ant and the ant family of projects will probably
benefit from becoming bigger.

On 11/12/2010 5:45 AM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
> Needless to say that I am highly supportive of this proposal, and I am willing to help
in the process.
> Following the incubator's doc [1], I would say that a good fit for a "Sponsor" would
be Apache Ant. We shall vote if there is no prior objection.