ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1032922 - /ant/core/trunk/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/BindTargets.java
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 15:27:01 GMT

On Nov 9, 2010, at 9:12 AM, Dominique Devienne wrote:

> 2010/11/9 Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>:
>> Note: I'll commit the unit test and doc I have wrote about this task. I don't want
to enforce anything, just share the work I have done. It is still up to debate and can still
be reverted.

> Well, process-wise we tend to discuss things out on the ML before
> committing, or go thru the sandbox.

I wouldn't say that we are always RTC.  For changes with potentially large impact, I personally
have always gone ahead and opened up discussion beforehand because I didn't want a large changeset
to come as a complete surprise.  But a particular "expert level" task being added to Ant,
I don't really have much problem with.  I don't 100% see a use for it myself, and am pretty
sure that if I did want it, it wouldn't be for simple build composition, but for some kind
of parameterized situation.  I guess I'm +0 to this task's inclusion.

> As Stefan, I still don't quite see
> the use case, or more precisely why the use case you describe can't be
> achieved some other way. --DD
>
> PS: There's no enum-like type for onMissingExtensionPoint? Taking it
> as a string allow passing anithing.

+1 here.

-Matt