ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Matèrne <apa...@materne.de>
Subject AW: Ant+Ivy session at Apache Barcamp
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:06:19 GMT
> I got several interesting questions from participants :

I don't have the official answer ;-)
But my few cents:

> - why do we not ship ant and ivy together ?

Never really thought of. Maybe because its different release times.
But what Ant could do is bundling the latest Ivy ... (or did we have some
discussions? There is something in the background of my mind ....)

> - which support is there in ant to take advantage of multicore machines
> to do work in parallel ?

I worked on a parallel executor in the sandbox some years ago - more because
I had an idea I want to check.
But I think, Ant would not profit from a multicore cpu, because IMO most
time of a build is I/O.

Jan