ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: How do I share data between custom Ant tasks?
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 07:31:02 GMT
On 2010-10-25, Dominique Devienne wrote:

> I don't remember the details, but it's likely your two independent
> <taskdef> that force using separate class loaders. Using either a
> single taskdef loading a .properties file, or using a classpathref
> might use the same classloader instead.

The loaderref attribute is the ingredient needed to have different
<taskdef> tasks share the same classloader (provided they use the same
classpath as well, that is).

> Also putting your tasks into an AntLib in its own Jar with a proper
> antlib.xml manifest would also likely use a single class loader.

Using just one <taskdef> either via an Antlib descriptor or a property
file and the resource attribute to define both tasks would work.

> But as Jeffrey wrote, you could have your tasks read/write properties
> to communicate, or pass them a reference to a datatype instance as
> well.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message