ant-dev mailing list archives

From Max Birkoff <maxbirk...@yahoo.com>
Subject support for symlinks
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 00:41:10 GMT
Hello,

I would like to add support for symlinks to:
  org.apache.tools.tar.TarEntry and friends.

I have examined the archives at:
  http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.ant.devel/
and cannot see the matter discussed there.

I have seen the warning:
  Ant is not symbolic link aware in moves, deletes and when recursing down a tree of directories
to build up a list of files. Unexpected things can happen.
on:
  http://ant.apache.org/manual/platform.html

Before sending patches, I would like to determine if there is a reason that this has not been
supported in the TarEntry class; it appears that the proper constants are present in TarConstants
and I can get at the linkflag through the writeEntryHeader method.

Thanks much in advance,

max